Advanced Deployed Emergency Practitioner Training
The ADEPT Operational Medicine online course is designed to provide physicians, healthcare providers, and other practitioners with the current knowledge and skills to advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease in the suboptimal and prehospital environment. This online course is broken down into 12 modules that each require a two-hour time commitment by the participant and include a video and literature as well as a post-assessment quiz.
Click the module below to register in the online system.
- Understanding tactical combat / emergency casualty care and controlling massive hemorrhage
- Management of adult and pediatric emergency airway
- Fluids, shock and remote damage control resuscitation
- Hypothermia / hyperthermia and electrolyte imbalances in the field
- Management of adult and pediatric TBI in the prehospital environment
- Adult and Pediatric Field Pain Management
- Extended operations and wound care in the austere environment
- Advanced burn and blast care in the remote setting
- Prevention and management of high altitude pulmonary and cerebral edema
- Operational sleep management
- Tropical medicine
- Medical control of CONUS and OCONUS tactical teams
It is strongly recommended that learners complete module 1 “Understanding tactical combat / emergency casualty care and controlling massive hemorrhage” before completing other modules. Module 1 has prerequisite material that will be built upon in later modules.
Method of Participation and Fees
There are fees for participating in the ADEPT Online content. If after successful completion of this activity, you wish to receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for this activity, you must:
- read the educational objectives and faculty disclosures below;
- register for and complete the educational activity;
- complete the post-activity reading and post-test assessment, and
- click on the Link to take you to the VCU Health CME website to request CME credits.
It is estimated that it will take approximately 2 hours to complete each module, the post-activity reading and post-test assessment.
Each module is available for $15 for those seeking continuing education credit, and $25 for those seeking AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Users will receive a registration confirmation email and recript from firstname.lastname@example.org with a receipt. To access the content:
- Visit the login page
- Sign in using the email address and password you used when registering
- Click “Online Courses”
- Select the ADEPT Module
- Click “Content and Tests”
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of VCU Health Continuing Medical Education and Operational Medicine Consultants, LLC. VCU Health Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
VCU Health Continuing Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each module is designated for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This continuing education activity meets the criteria of Virginia Commonwealth University and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. A maximum of 2.4 CEUs will be awarded and recorded with the University. Each module is designated for a maximum of 0.20 CEUs.
Planners and Author Disclosure Statement
These Authors and Planners at Operational Medicine Consultants and UHS-PEP have no relevant financial relationships to disclose:
Jason Welch, MD, Author and Planner Andrea Perseghin, Planner
Disclosure of Off-Label Use
This educational activity does not contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development.
Acknowledgement of Commercial Support
This activity has no commercial support.
For further information, please contact:
VCU Health CME Phone: 1.804.828.3640 Fax: 1.804.828.7438 Email: CMEInfo@vcuhealth.org
None of the contents may be reproduced in any form without prior written permission from the publisher.
This activity is jointly sponsored by University Health Services Professional Education Programs (UHS-PEP) of Virginia Commonwealth University Health System and Operational Medicine Consultants.