Advanced Deployed Emergency Practitioner Training
The ADEPT Operational Medicine online course is designed to provide physicians, healthcare providers, and other practitioners with the current knowledge and skills to advance the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease in the suboptimal and prehospital environment. This online course is broken down into 10 modules that each require a two-hour time commitment by the participant and include a video and literature as well as a post-assessment quiz.
Click the module below to register in the online system.
- Module 1: Massive Hemorrhage
- Module 2: Airway
- Module 3: Respiration (Chest)
- Module 4: Circulation
- Module 5: Head Injury (TBI)
- Module 6: Hypocalcemia and Hypothermia
- Module 7: Altitude Medicine
- Module 8: Point of Care Ultrasound
- Module 9: Adult and Pediatric Field Pain Management
- Module 10: Tropical medicine
It is strongly recommended that learners complete module 1 “Massive Hemorrhage” before completing other modules. Module 1 has prerequisite material that will be built upon in later modules.
Method of Participation and Fees
There are fees for participating in the ADEPT Online content. If after successful completion of this activity, you wish to receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for this activity, you must:
- read the educational objectives and faculty disclosures below;
- register for and complete the educational activity;
- complete the post-activity reading and post-test assessment, and
- click on the Link to take you to the VCU Health CME website to request CME credits.
It is estimated that it will take approximately 2 hours to complete each module, the post-activity reading and post-test assessment.
Each module is available for $15 for those seeking continuing education credit, and $25 for those seeking AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Users will receive a registration confirmation email and recript from firstname.lastname@example.org with a receipt. To access the content:
- Visit the login page
- Sign in using the email address and password you used when registering
- Click “Online Courses”
- Select the ADEPT Module
- Click “Content and Tests”
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of VCU Health Continuing Medical Education and Operational Medicine Consultants, LLC. VCU Health Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
VCU Health Continuing Medical Education designates this internet enduring material activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This continuing education activity meets the criteria of Virginia Commonwealth University and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Each module is designated for a maximum of 0.20 CEUs.
Planners and Author Disclosure Statement
These Authors and Planners at Operational Medicine Consultants and VCU Health Continuing Medical Education have no relevant financial relationships to disclose:
- Arden Aylesworth, RN, NP, Reviewer
- Samantha Gehrels, RN, Author
- Ellen Pucciarelli, DOM, Author
- Jason Welch, MD, Author and Planner
- Andrea Perseghin, Planner
- Ricky Ditzel, CCP-C, SO ATP, Planner
- Peter Bigganne 18D, Planner
Disclosure of Off-Label Use
This educational activity does not contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development.
Acknowledgement of Commercial Support
This activity has no commercial support.
For further information, please contact:
VCU Health Continuing Medical Education
None of the contents may be reproduced in any form without prior written permission from the publisher.
This activity is jointly sponsored by VCU Health Continuing Medical Education of Virginia Commonwealth University Health System and Operational Medicine Consultants.