Online Pediatric Grand Rounds
Pediatric Grand Rounds started in 1964 with the goal of enhancing diagnostic, clinical and treatment skills, to include best-practice and evidence-based medical information and education. The goal of the series is not only to teach, but to actively engage participants. The online archive was started in 2016 to address the needs of those unable to attend live sessions.
Each archived session includes a listing of additional reading materials for further study and a post-quiz assessment. There is no cost to access these videos and claim credit.
Our presentations are targeted toward the entire medical staff and other allied health professionals. This includes students, faculty, residents, nurses, community pediatricians and other health care providers dedicated to the care of children.
This enduring material requires the participant to watch a recorded lecture online, score 75% or better on the post quiz, and complete an online activity evaluation. The participant will then be directed to a website to download their CME certificate. Google Chrome is the preferred browser to use while accessing this system.
- AAP Advocacy and Resilience
- An Update about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in Pediatric Patients
- Approach to Failure to Thrive: Explored through a ClinicoPathologic Conference
- CARt Therapy at CHoR
- Clinicopathologic Conference: Fourteen year old male with Left Lower Extremity Pain and Swelling
- Disease Progression and Pathogenesis in Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy
- GFR 101: Creatinine, Cystatin C and More | GFR Assessment, DMSA and Lasix Scintigraphy
- Gun (OUT OF) Control: A focus on youth caught in the crossfire
- MSFM: Different exercise training regimens and health and POTS: Differential Diagnosis
- MSFM: What’s up with High Flow Nasal Cannula? & Clinical Guidelines at CHoR: Better Care for Kids or Just “Cookbook” Medicine?
- Pain Assessment and Treatment in Children with Significant Impairment of the CNS
- Pediatric Pain Prescribing: Management of pediatric pain in the era of an opioid epidemic
- Pediatric Vision Screening & Updates in Kawasaki Disease
- Risk & Resilience on the NICU: Building Capacity for Trauma-Informed Care
- State of CHoR
- Targerted Therapy in Solid Tumor Treatment
- The Golden Days of Life: Reflection on a 24 Weeker? and Prevention and Evaluation of Acute Chest Syndrome in Pediatric Sickle Cell Admissions: A Quality Improvement Initiative
- The Importance of a Dental Home for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- The Role of Parents in Obesity Prevention and Treatment
- The rise and fall of uric acid and why it matters to you: Implications in Kidney Injury, Inflammation, Heart Disease, Obesity & more
- Transitioning Ideas for New Pediatric Devices through Development into Clinical Practice
- Understanding Spasticity
Planning Committee Conflict of Interest Disclosures
Bruce K. Rubin MEngr, MD, MBA, FRCPC
Suzanne R. Lavoie, MD
William B. Moskowitz, MD, FAAP, FACC, FSCAI, FAHA
Vice-Chair for Pediatrics
Henry J. Rozycki, MD
Vice-Chair for Research
Melinda A. Lambert
Andrea M. Perseghin, MEd
Linda Meloy, MD
CME Medical Director
Disclosure of Commercial Support
No commercial support was used to support this learning activity.
Live Grand Rounds Information
Live Grand Rounds presentations occur on Tuesday afternoons beginning the 2nd Tuesday of September and concluding in mid-May. All presentations are from noon - 1 p.m. in the VCU Children’s Pavilion, room 5-086. View map.
Grand Rounds are given by Virginia Commonwealth University faculty members and guest speakers throughout the academic year.