Online Pediatric Grand Rounds
Pediatric Grand Rounds started in 1964 with the goal of enhancing diagnostic, clinical and treatment skills, to include best-practice and evidence-based medical information and education. The goal of the series is not only to teach, but to actively engage participants. The online archive was started in 2016 to address the needs of those unable to attend live sessions.
Each archived session includes a listing of additional reading materials for further study and a post-quiz assessment. There is no cost to access these videos and claim credit.
Our presentations are targeted toward the entire medical staff and other allied health professionals. This includes students, faculty, residents, nurses, community pediatricians and other health care providers dedicated to the care of children.
This enduring material requires the participant to watch a recorded lecture online, score 75% or better on the post quiz, and complete an online activity evaluation. The participant will then be directed to a website to download their CME certificate. Google Chrome is the preferred browser to use while accessing this system.
- CHoR State of the Union
- Understanding Rare Lung Disease: Tales from Cystic Fibrosis and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia
- Pediatric and Neonatal ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- An Update on Scoliosis and ABC’s of ACP: Code Status Orders 2019
- The Apgar Score: Revise, Replace, Retain or Retire?
- Severe Asthma Overview: Towards Personalized Therapy
- An Introduction to Gender Dysphoria in Children and Adolescents
- A Trauma-Informed Perspective in Working with Children who have Developmental Disabilities
Planning Committee Conflict of Interest Disclosures
Bruce K. Rubin MEngr, MD, MBA, FRCPC
Suzanne R. Lavoie, MD
Wei Zhao, MD, PhD, FAAAAI, FACAAI
Vice-Chair for Pediatrics
Henry J. Rozycki, MD
Vice-Chair for Research
Catherine A. Remines
Andrea M. Perseghin, MEd
Linda Meloy, MD
CE Medical Director
Disclosure of Commercial Support
No commercial support was used to support this learning activity.
Live Grand Rounds Information
Live Grand Rounds presentations occur on Tuesday afternoons beginning the 2nd Tuesday of September and concluding in mid-May. All presentations are from noon - 1 p.m. in the VCU Children’s Pavilion, room 5-086. View map.
Grand Rounds are given by Virginia Commonwealth University faculty members and guest speakers throughout the academic year.