Getting Started: Pharmacy RSS
Regularly scheduled series (RSS) are a series of multiple live continuing pharmacy education sessions that occur on an ongoing, scheduled basis (ex. weekly, monthly, quarterly) for the same audience. Examples of CPE activities that commonly meet this definition include grand rounds, tumor boards, morbidity and mortality (M&M) conferences, and journal club.
If your activity meets this definition, please contact us to schedule a mandatory training session at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-3640.
Download a copy of our Faculty Guide before you start your application.
The steps below outline the process for RSS programs.
Step 1: Initial Documents
The following documents need to be submitted every year for renewing programs, or at least 60 days prior to a new program, before any program promotion is started. Application and supporting documentation must be fully approved by VCU School of Pharmacy before any credit may be offered for an activity session. Please note that the CPE Review Committee meets the third Wednesday of each month to review applications.
- All new programs must submit a completed CE Activity Application
This is completed in the CloudCME portal
Users must sign in to create an application. You may need to create an account.
Download online application instructions
Submit at least 60 business days before event date to avoid rush review fee.
- Program Session List in the agenda section of the application, please submit a list of the planned session dates. Speakers/topics identified for each day are not required at the time of application for RSS. A draft listing is acceptable.
- Planning committee Conflict of Interest disclosure forms must be completed in the CloudCME portal.
Enter all planning committee member names and email addresses in the “Planners and Faculty” section of the application form. The CloudCME portal will automatically send an email with instructions to complete the Conflict of Interest form to each planner.
Download: How to add conflict of interest forms in CloudCME
- Resolution of Conflict(s) of Interest Forms for all Planners
Download: Pharmacy Resolution of Conflict Form for PLANNERS
Step 2: Items due 14 days in advance of each session
All items below must be submitted at least 14 days in advance of each session in order to receive credit. Send all items to email@example.com.
- Activity Announcement
Download: RSS Flyer Template Instructions
- Presentation Title and Objectives
- Speaker/Presenter Information including:
- CV or Biosketch
- Conflict of Interest disclosure form
Download: Pharmacy COI Disclosure Form
- Resolution of Conflict of Interest form (if applicable)
Download: Pharmacy Resolution of Conflict Form for PRESENTERS
- Presentation, active learning documentation and any educational materials/handouts
Download: Pharmacy Template Presentation
- Learner assessment materials (ex. post-test, case vignettes)
Step 3: Items due 10 days following each session
- Faculty Attestation
Download: Faculty Attestation
If applicable, submit the completed learner assessments within 10 days following the session.